Wednesday 23 March 2016

Thick Peanut Butter & Ice-Cream Milkshake

Hello, boys and girls!

Welcome to blending with Varun! That's right, no cooking required in this one, so you can put those saucepans away; those spices too. That's it. Good, boys and girls. Very good. Now dance, my puppets! (Evil laugh!)

I went on a little holiday to Greece not long ago. My first truly solo trip. I was turning 31, and I couldn't bear the thought of sitting at home doing nothing (like the magical night that was my New Years Eve 2016), so I figured, 'Eh.. I've been living alone for more than a few months now, and the conversation in my head is always top notch, so why not?'. So I logged on to the internet, started browsing flights, hotels, travel blogs, reviews, the whole shabang, and just like that, I had my trip booked. Visa in hand, backpack on my.. well, back, I was ready to set off and go exploring!

As I was on this journey of self discovery (never hurts to pretend to be deep and what not), I realized/reinforced certain things about myself. I do hope you can relate to at least a few of them to make me feel slightly less weird.
  • I should always carry a thicker book to read. (I'm old school, so no e-readers.)
  • People tend to look oddly, and stare when I walk down the street in shorts and a tee when they're wearing heavy coats.
  • People tend to stare even more as I walk down the street talking to myself in a Scottish accent (I'm not Scottish).
  • I cannot ride a bike without singing loudly.
  • Wi-fi and social media enable me to be able to dine alone at a restaurant without feeling too sorry for myself.
  • I'll drink most beers.
  • I can walk for hours without needing to stop for a rest.
  • I'm the worst in the world when it comes to taking a selfie. (Which is why I hardly ever take them.)
  • I can trick myself into buying a Frappucino over a milkshake (I don't drink coffee), but I can't trick myself into liking it.
So as you've probably guessed, we're going to be riding the coattails of that last one to ease ourselves into today's recipe, because let's face it, few things are better than a nice, thick, chilled, creamy milkshake!

For my Thick Peanut Butter & Ice-Cream Milkshake, you will need the following:

Milk big glass
Peanut butter big dollop
Ice-cream 3-4 scoops (I used 2 different flavours: chocolate chip, and cheesecake)
Sugar depending on how much of a sugar rush you want

Prep:
  1. Soften the ice-cream a little.
Method:
  1. Grab a blender (with the big plastic base attachment you use to blitz onions).
  2. Pour in the milk.
  3. Plop in the peanut butter.
  4. Scoop in the ice cream.
  5. Sprinkle on the sugar.
  6. Pop the lid on.
  7. Blitz to high heaven.
  8. Take the lid off.
  9. Pour the contents back into the glass (it won't all fit so take a couple of swigs to make room).
  10. Throw on another scoop of chocolate chip ice-cream.
  11. Flip the calories the bird.
  12. Chug.
  13. Chew.
  14. Resume chugging.
  15. Bask in the glory of your successfully executed milkshake.

Tip: Don't drink this everyday. If you do, you will die a lot sooner than you normally would. Don't say I didn't warn you. Also, there's another milkshake recipe right here.

And remember, overeating is a myth. A full tummy is a happy tummy.

1 comment:

  1. Well I could relate to most of'em...especially the thicker the book better the trip n walking for hours...
    Milkshake...it was Classic!
    I figure if I have this everday, atleast I will die happy...! :-D

    ReplyDelete